Here is one of my favorite recipes. I discovered it years ago in a Reader's Digest cookbook at the library. It is healthy, easy, AND tasty:
EGGPLANT PARMESAN Preheat oven to 400 degrees
1 medium eggplant, peeled & sliced crosswise into about 1/2" thick slices
1 jar spaghetti sauce
1 small can of mushrooms
1/2 cup of cracker crumbs (use about 10 crackers)
1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese (2 oz)
1 large egg
1 tablespoon water
1-1/2 cups of shredded mozzarella cheese
olive oil to drizzle
1. Grease a couple of baking dishes.
2 Beat the egg, add the water, put into a bowl.
3. Mix cracker crumbs & Parmesan & put into a bowl.
4. Dip eggplant slice into egg, then into crumb/parmesan mixture. Do all the slices.
5. Single layer eggplant slices in baking dishes. Drizzle olive oil on top.
6. Bake 30 minutes.
7. While baking, heat spaghetti sauce & boil spaghetti according to package directions.
8. Remove from oven. Spoon hot sauce over slices, top with mozzarella. Bake additional 5 minutes or til cheese melts.
9. Use rest of spaghetti sauce for spaghetti.
10. Serve with a side salad.
This will really fill you up and it's really good too!