Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Lots of Blessings to Count

Thinking about thankfulness.  It seems that the older I get, the more aware I am of how much there is to be thankful for.  For one thing, I don't take good health for granted anymore.  Just being able to wake up in the morning and open your eyes to a new day is a wonderful blessing.  And I am so thankful for my family, and for my home.  My home is such a comfortable and comforting place.  I'm thankful for my eyesight -- it's not as good as it used to be, but it's so wonderful to be able to see.  I can imagine how astounding it must have been for the man born blind in John 9 to suddenly receive sight.  And this wonderful gift is something I have had all my life!  The older I get, the more I appreciate COLOR, too.  Here in Florida the sky is very blue.  Sometimes I just look up and up and up and drink in all the blueness.  I could go on and on; once you start counting your blessings, it's easy to keep adding to the list.  Of course the greatest blessing and the greatest gift is Jesus.
        ----------

One special thing I'm thankful for is the interest in art and in creative things which I believe my mother inculcated in me -- it adds so much to life to have an interest like that.  I truly enjoy drawing and painting; I just wish I had more time for it!

Here are a couple of sketches of hands from one of my old sketch books:


No comments:

Post a Comment