Thursday, December 29, 2011

New Media

Here is another picture I did yesterday using my new oil pastels with watercolor:



I'm pleased with the color on this one.  The basic technique I used here was to do my pencil sketch directly on my good paper (so I wouldn't have to transfer it) and then apply the oil pastel to the head & blouse,  followed by watercolor washes for the background and jacket.  I also used colored pencil for the small details.
This one will be going in my PaintSpatter shop.  I think I'm going to have a separate shop for my mom's paintings also, because it looks a little jumbled to have two artists on the same place.  It will take some time to move her paintings to a new shop.... and then I'll have FOUR SHOPS!  That's a lot of shops!  It's fun though  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment