Sunday, February 12, 2012

Yellow Rain Tree -- ???

Here is a pic of a tree which is in bloom right now around here --- this one is in the church parking lot, but there is a house down the road, which I pass when I go to the grocery store, which has 3 large trees like this in its front yard.  I'm not sure what the name of it is; someone told me it's an "African Tabuah" (at least that's what it sounded like) but when I googled that, I got nothing.  I've always called it a Yellow Rain Tree.  Anyway, it's absolutely gorgeous.  It's just covered with flowers of such a bright yellow it socks out your eye.  this photo does not do it justice.


And here is a pic of the sky this afternoon, it was so BLUE.  I notice a neighbor has his bush covered; I think I heard it's supposed to freeze tonight.  Blah.  The weather has been so beautiful all this week, and I'm finally starting to get over this cold or sinus infection or whatever it is....


2 comments:

  1. I'm not sure something raining yellow on you is a good thing. ;)

    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha ha! Actually, yes, it is a good thing because it's so beautiful

    ReplyDelete