Monday, July 27, 2015

Vintage Quilt

This is an old quilt which has been sitting in a closet for years, collecting dust.  It is all done by hand, I believe by my grandmother, possibly in the 1930s or 1940s.   I can't use it as a bed cover, since I am allergic to dust mites and all our bedding has to be washed every week --- it would be rags in a few months.  I was planning to cut off a small piece as a keepsake and throw the rest away, but I couldn't bring myself to do it.  It is all stitched by hand!
I am thinking about putting it up on eBay; it would make a very nice wall hanging for someone who likes shabby chic decor.



4 comments:

  1. Dear Joyce- such a gorgeous treasure. Too bad you are unable to use it. These type of heirlooms are so lovely. Hope it goes somewhere special.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your granny must have had huge patience. It looks really complicated and keeps warm feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes it must have taken forever! i still haven't put it up on eBay...

    ReplyDelete